T-STORM AR-AFFF F787B 3% × 6% AR-AFFF concentrate is a specially formulated, aqueous film-forming free flowing viscous foam concentrate. It forms a vapor suppressing aqueous film on hydrocarbon type fuels or a polymeric membrane on polar solvent/water miscible type fuels. It is intended for use at a proportioning rate of 3% (3 parts AR-AFFF concentrate to 97 parts water) on hydrocarbon fuels such as gasoline, kerosene, diesel etc. F787B 3% × 6% AR-AFFF is intended for use at a 6% proportioning rate (6 parts AR-AFFF concentrate to 94 parts water) on polar solvent/water soluble fuels such as alcohols, ketones, esters, etc.
- U. L. Listed, Foam Liquid Concentrates
- Suitable for use with either fresh or salt water
- Excellent wetting characteristics when used in combating Class “A” fuel fires
- Suitable for use with carbon steel, fiberglass, polyethylene or stainless steel. F787B 3% × 6% AR-AFFF is not compatible with galvanized pipe or fittings in an undiluted form
- Suitable with dry chemical extinguishing agents
- Suitable for use on hydrocarbon or polar solvent type fuels
- Suitable for use with both air-aspirating foam and standard water fog nozzles
- Fixed or portable in-line eductors
- In-line balanced pressure and pump pressure proportioning skid
- Bladder tank balanced pressure proportioning systems
- Around the pump proportioners
- Handline, air-aspirating nozzles with fixed eductor pickup tube
- Foam Chambers
- Air-aspirating and non air-aspirating sprinkler heads or spray nozzles
- Standard water fog nozzles for handlines and monitors
- Air-aspirating foam nozzles
- Foam makers for use with either Floating Roof storage tanks or Dike/Bund protection systems
Cannot be used in sub-surface applications with polar solvent type fuels.
Aspirating type discharge devices typically generate expansion ratios between 6-10 to 1 when F787B 3% × 6% AR-AFFF is mixed with water at the correct ratio. Non-aspirating type devices will typically generate expansion ratios of between 2-4 to 1. Expansion ratios are dictated by the type of discharge device, flow rate and discharge pressure.
Recommend application rate on hydrocarbon type fuels is 0.10 gpm/ft.² and on polar solvent type fuels is 0.15 gpm/ft². The recommended minimum application rates for the following specific polar solvent type fuels are:
- IPA 0.15 gpm/ft²
- METHANOL 0.12 gpm/ft²
- ETHANOL 0.13 gpm/ft²
- ACETONE 0.14 gpm/ft²
- METHYL ETHYL KETONE 0.13 gpm/ft²
- ETHYL ACETATE 0.13 gpm/ft²
- MTBE 0.15 gpm/ft²
Typical Properties at 77ºF / 25ºC
- Appearance = Off White Gel-Like Liquid
- Specific Gravity = 1.016
- pH = 7.3
- Viscosity = 2000 -2500 cps*
*Brookfield #4 Spindle at 30 rpm
If kept in the original unopened and airtight factory supplied container and stored within the temperature range of 35ºF-120ºF (2°C – 49°C), a shelf life of between 20-25 years can be expected. If the AR-AFFF is to be stored in an atmospheric type foam concentrate storage tank whether on mobile apparatus or stationary, limit the airspace above the surface of the concentrate where possible and place a thin layer of quality mineral oil on the surface of the foam concentrate to minimize any effect from evaporation.
T-STORM F787B is available in pails, drums, or totes.
|Part Number||Description||Approximate Shipping Weight||Approximate Shipping Volume|
|10515||T-STORM foam concentrate, 3%X6% AR-AFFF, F787BP, 5 gallon (19 L) pail||45 lbs. (20.4 kg)||1.25 ft3. (0.035 m3)|
|10516||T-STORM foam concentrate, 3%X6% AR-AFFF, F787BD, 55 gallon (208 L) drum||495 lbs. (224.5 kg)||11.8 ft3. (0.335 m3)|
|10517||T-STORM foam concentrate, 3%X6% AR-AFFF, F787B265T, 265 gallon (1,000 L) tote||2,463 lbs. (1,117 kg)||31.5 ft3. (0.892 m3)|
F787B is biodegradable, low in toxicity and can be treated in sewage treatment plants.