T-STORM SFFF foam concentrate is a low-, medium-, and high-expansion Class A fire control foam concentrate formulated from specialty hydrocarbon surfactants, stabilizers, and solvents. T-STORM SFFF foam solution is effective on many deep-seated Class A fires such as tire, paper, coal, and structure fires.
T-STORM SFFF foam concentrate can be proportioned from 0.1% to 1.0% in fresh, brackish, or sea water. Because of the extremely low proportioning rate, the foam concentrate offers outstanding economy in concentrate storage space, cost (compared to conventional 3% and 6% foam agents), and product transport requirements. For example, a 5-gal (19L) pail of foam concentrate produces 500 gal (1,893 L) of fire control foam solution at 1% concentration and produces 5,000 gal (18,927 L) of foam solution at 0.1% concentration.
Fire suppression mechanisms and characteristics in effect when using T-STORM SFFF foam concentrate include:
- Reduction of the surface tension of water, which provides superior wetting and char penetrating characteristics. This enhancement helps reduce combustibility of Class A fuels and control deep seated fires.
- Extended drain time which increases the duration of surface wetting, reducing the risk of ignition/re-ignition.
- Creation of a dense foam blanket which provides an insulating barrier between the fuel and air.
- Suppression of combustible vapors while cooling the fuel.
- Formation of a brilliant white foam that reflects heat.
- High viscosity which allows the foam to cling to vertical surfaces for increased protection.
- Designed for fire suppression of Class A fuel fires
- Effective application with aspirating and non-aspirating discharge devices, compressed air foam systems (CAFS), or dropped from rotary wing aircraft
T-STORM SFFF foam concentrate is available in pails, drums, totes, or bulk shipment.
|Part Number||Description||Approximate Shipping Weight|
|770176||5 gallon (19 L) pail||45 lbs (20.4 kg)|
|770177||55 gallon (208 L) drum||495 lbs (224.5 kg)|
|770178||265 gallon (1,003 L) tote||2,465 lbs (1,118 kg)|
For bulk orders, consult an account representative.