THUNDERSTORM WNF33A Foam Concentrate delivers exceptional firefighting performance, continuing the renowned heritage of THUNDERSTORM foams. WNF33A is a 3%x3% Alcohol Resistant Non-Fluorinated Foam Concentrate that provides excellent fire and vapor suppression for Class B, polar solvent and hydrocarbon fuel fires. This synthetic foam concentrate is intended for forceful or gentle firefighting applications at 3% solution on hydrocarbon fuels and for gentle firefighting applications at 3% solution on polar solvent fuels.
Approvals, Listings, and Standards
- Designed, tested and demonstrated to provide excellent control and suppression of large hydrocarbon tank fires
- Designed in accordance with NFPA Standard 11 for Low and Medium Expansion Foams
- UL 162 listed as an alcohol resistant synthetic fluorine free foam (AR-SFFF) concentrate for use on hydrocarbon and polar solvent fuel fires
- Passes UL 162 type III test protocol on hydrocarbons at the same 0.10 gpm/ft2 (4.1 Lpm/m2) design application rate as traditional AR-AFFF products with similar control times
- Recommended minimum application rate of 0.16 gpm/ft2 (6.5 Lpm/m2) for fuel in-depth tank fires up to 150 feet (45.7 m) in diameter; for larger tank sizes please contact the WILLIAMS FIRE & HAZARD CONTROL® team directly for further guidance
- Recommended minimum application rate of 0.10 gpm/ft2 (4.1 Lpm/m2) for spill fire applications
- Superior drain times to high-quality AR-AFFFs, with a longer lasting foam blanket for better burnback resistance and post-fire suppression
- Dry chemical agent compatible
- Successfully evaluated in accordance with the WILLIAMS FIRE & HAZARD CONTROL® Plunging Test Protocol
THUNDERSTORM WNF33A Foam Concentrate is intended for use on both types of Class B fires: hydrocarbon fuels with low water solubility, such as crude oils, gasolines, diesel fuels, and aviation fuels; and polar solvent fuels with appreciable water solubility, such as methyl and ethyl alcohol, acetone, and methyl ethyl ketone. The concentrate has excellent wetting properties that can effectively combat Class A fires. It may also be used in conjunction with dry chemical agents to provide even greater fire suppression performance.
THUNDERSTORM WNF33A is well-suited for use in municipal and industrial response for spills and fuel in-depth fires. It may be applied with either an aspirating or non-aspirating nozzle on both Type III applications as well as foam systems with Type II discharge devices.
Examples of these applications include:
- Flammable liquid in-depth and spill fires
- Fuel and Chemical storage tanks
- Industrial chemical and petroleum processing facilities
- Truck/rail loading and unloading facilities
- Flammable liquid containment areas
THUNDERSTORM WNF33A Concentrate is available in pails, drums, totes, or bulk shipment.
|Part No.||Description||Shipping Weight|
|A163813N72||5 gal (19 L)||47 lb (21.3 kg)|
|A163813N73||55 gal (208 L)||518 lb (234.8 kg)|
|A163813N75||265 gal (1003 L)||2578 lb (1169 kg)|
For bulk orders, consult an account representative.
*Totes are not UL/ULC approved packaging.